Fastest way to edit and post iPhone photos:
1. Crop it — Choose picture to edit from Camera Roll. Pinch/slide image on iPhone screen to crop as desired. Pause a few seconds, until white photo information disappears.
2. Snap it — Take screenshot of cropped image by simultaneously pressing On-Off and Home buttons. Cropped photo will be saved to Camera Roll.
3. Adjust it — If needed, I use Camera+ app presets to tweak photo exposure.
4. Send it — Email or tweet edited photo.
“Mommy, they are just like me.”
My oldest son is six years old and in love for the first time. He is in love with Blaine from Glee.
For those who don’t know Blaine is a boy…a gay boy, the boyfriend of one of the main characters, Kurt.
This isn’t a ‘he thinks Blaine is really cool’ kind of love. It is a mooning at a picture of Blaine’s face for a half hour followed by a wistful “He’s so pretty” kind of love.
He loves the episode where two boys kiss. My son will call people in from other parts of the house to make sure they don’t miss his ‘favorite part.’ He’s been known to rewind it and watch it over again…and force other to, as well, if he doesn’t think people have been paying enough attention.
This infatuation doesn’t bother me or his father. We live in a very hip-liberal neighborhood, many of our friends are gay, and idea of having a gay son isn’t something that bothers either of us. Our son is going to be who he is, and it is our job to love him. End of story.
He is also six. Six year olds get obsessed with all kinds of things. This might not mean anything at all. We always joke that he’s either gay, or we have the best blackmail material in the history of mankind when he’s a 16 year old straight boy. (Take that naked bath time pictures!)
Then the other day we were traveling across the state listening to the Warblers album (of course), and in the middle of Candles, my son pipes up from the back seat.
“Mommy, Kurt and Blaine are boyfriends.”
“Yes, they are,” I affirm.
“They don’t like kissing girls. They just kiss boys.”
“Mommy, they are just like me.”
“That’s great, baby. You know I love you no matter what?”
“I know…” I could hear him rolling his eyes at me.
When we got home I recapped this conversation to his Dad, and we stood simply looking into each other’s eyes for a moment. Then we smiled.
“So if at 16 he wants to make a big announcement at the dinner table, we can say ‘You told us when you were six. Pass the carrots’ and he’ll be disappointed we stole his big dramatic moment,” my husband says with a laugh and hugs me.
Only time will tell if my son is gay, but if he is I am glad he’s mine. I am glad he has been born into our family. A family full of people who will love and accept him. People who will never want him to change. With parents who will look forward to dancing at his wedding.
And I have to admit, Blaine would be a really cute son-in-law.
It’s nice to meet you.
There are lots of reasons we’re excited to be launching the Obama 2012 campaign’s new Tumblr today. But mostly it’s because we’re looking at this as an opportunity to create something that’s not just ours, but yours, too.
We’d like this Tumblr to be a huge…
ScreenChomp is a free app for creating and sharing short tutorials or lessons on your iPad. ScreenChomp provides a whiteboard on which you can demonstrate things by drawing and talking people through your instructions.
See the rest of the post by clicking the link above.
Tumblr iPhone 2.0: Now available on the App Store
We’re excited about this one! The app has been recoded, rewired, and rethought from the ground up to offer you the very best Tumblr experience:
- Brand new interface: Browsing your dashboard, creating a post, managing multiple blogs — the most important features are within reach so you can interact with Tumblr effortlessly while you’re on-the-go.
- Creating a post: Now easier than ever! Sharing photos, videos, links, chats, text, quotes and audio is front and center. Advanced options like saving drafts and queuing posts are one swipe away.
- Messages: View and reply to messages for each of your blogs.
- Address book: Find people to follow from your phone’s address book.
- New users: Signing up is now native inside the app.
There are tons more features and details that are awesomely crafted.
I really don’t want to know what this guy is doing with my MacBook.
Submitted by @melissas_cloud.
When I use an iPhone and an Android phone at the same time, I often find that apps from the same company look a lot different on these two platforms - the ones on Android usually look much worse.
Here is a couple of examples.
This is what Meebo IM (see update ) looks on Android, the contact…
CLICK THE SQUARES.
THE WHOLE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS.
THIS THIS THIS THIS!